As a Certified Swim Smooth Coach, Fiona is fully trained in advanced Video Analysis and Stroke Correction for triathletes of all ability levels. Stuck on a plateau with your swimming? Too many things going around your head when you swim? Fiona will show you very clearly where your stroke needs attention and exactly how to improve your efficiency, using all of Swim Smooth’s cutting edge methods. It’s a revelation for your swimming!
One Very High-Quality Session
Swim Smooth have found that stroke correction should not involve visiting a coach for 6, 8 or 10 sessions. Our process is of such high quality and focused on your individual needs that a single session with a follow up 8-12 weeks later or attending our Swim Smooth squad training to consolidate technical areas, is enough to transform your swimming. It costs £160 for a 90 minute Swim Smooth video analysis and stroke correction process, with Certified Swim Smooth coach Fiona Ford. Many athletes come for one session and continue improving so much empowered with an understanding of what they need to do, that they don’t need a follow-up session until the next season/ year!
How do we do this?
– We film you using extremely high quality, high definition camera from above and below the water from the side, in front, overhead and any other angle required. The camera angles are not fixed so if we need a close-up of a particular area of your stroke we will easily shoot it.
– We then get you out of the water to review your footage on a laptop computer, conveniently located beside the Endless pool. This whole analysis is recorded for you to take away – including all your swim footage, our assessment of it, comparison with elite swimmers and key animations. This process takes around 20-30 minutes and we can’t expect you to remember every detail so the recording (including our voices and conversation) is perfect for you to watch back as often as you like in the comfort of your own home. Please see an example of < one-hour Ironman swimmer and triathlete ‘Lizzie’ below.
– During the analysis, we will dig into Swim Smooth’s unique tools, animations and elite video archive to really highlight how your own stroke compares in key areas for improvement. These visualisations of good stroke technique are so important, especially if you are a visual learner.
– After being filmed from all angles, we will have you complete a stroke correction session back in the Endless pool. Using exactly what we saw on the footage this session is completely tailored to your individual needs as a swimmer. Swim Smooth are famous for their individual approach to stroke correction, ‘coaching the swimmer, not the stroke’ and this is another reason why our methods are so powerful (and fast!).
– The combination of you understanding your current swimming from the video analysis and Fiona using all of Swim Smooth’s coaching methods to correct and refine your stroke technique will rapidly improve your speed, efficiency, relaxation and confidence in the water.
– But we’re not quite finished there! At the end of your session, Fiona will give you a full 15-20 page training plan to take away with you, based on your Swim Smooth Swim Type. This includes reminders of all the drills you performed during your stroke correction session and also training sessions to follow specific to your individual needs. Everything you need to transform your swimming!
NEW for 2019
eceive FREE complimentary access to the Swim Smooth Guru and have all the tools at your fingertips to successfully transform your swimming following your 1-2-1 session.
The Swim Smooth Coaching System is recognised by British Triathlon and also by the ITU (International Triathlon Union) in their coach education programs.
Effective learning directly from the best in the triathlon swim coaching business, you can expect effective results and improvement!